Sunday, April 12, 2009

re: pretensh

Had a realization today that I spend so much of my energy hating hip people - enough that were I to put it to more practical usage, I would maybe finish one of the hundred or so books i compulsively buy (in fear of a book-destroying apocalypse? no idea...), design an award winning neurological prototype, or get one of the other many things i procrastinate doing, done - math homework, studying in general, sewing, selling things on ebay, sending out books to swaptree participants, and so forth. This is not an exaggeration. I resent hipsters and their having so much mindless fun, I suppose, as well as the casual sex, drug use, and consumption I can't bring myself to indulge in. I never really made a new year's resolution because I didn't really care, but I resolve to stop hating and just mind my own business from now on. Everyone really just wants to be part of something, and it's none of our business to criticize others for that...

1 comment: